[openstack-dev] Help needed to resolve "ImportError: No module named urllib"

S M, Praveen Kumar praveen-sm.kumar at hp.com
Mon Oct 6 10:58:44 UTC 2014

Hello All,

We are trying to integrate openstack with java.

While doing so we are facing "ImportError: No module named urllib"

When we import from python console it works fine.

However when we are trying to import using jython 2.7 interpreter we get the below error.

Caused by: Traceback (most recent call last):
   from oslo import messaging
  File "/site-packages/oslo/messaging/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from oslo.messaging.notify import *
  File "/site-packages/oslo/messaging/notify/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
    from oslo.messaging.notify.logger import *
  File "/site-packages/oslo/messaging/notify/logger.py", line 21, in <module>
    from oslo.messaging import transport
  File "/site-packages/oslo/messaging/transport.py", line 31, in <module>
    from six.moves.urllib import parse
ImportError: No module named urllib

We are using  python package SIX of version  1.8.

Please let me know your inputs on this.

Thanks & Regards
Praveen