[openstack-dev] [mistral] [fuel] Executor task affinity

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 2 09:11:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

As i understood you want to store some mappings of tags to hosts in
database, but then you need to sort out api
for registering hosts and/or discovery mechanism for such hosts. It is
quite complex.
It maybe be usefull, in my opinion it would be better to have simpler/more
flexible variant.

For example:

1. Provide targets in workbook description, like:

task:
  targets: [nova, cinder, etc]

2. Get targets from execution contexts by using yaql:

task:
  targets: $.uids

task:
  targets: [$.role, $.uid]

In this case all simple relations will be covered by amqp routing
configuration
What do you think about such approach?