[openstack-dev] [All] Proposal to add examples/usecase as part of new features / cli / functionality patches

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 17:02:27 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Deepak Shetty" <dpkshetty at gmail.com>
>
> But isn't *-specs comes very early in the process where you have an
> idea/proposal of a feature, u don't have it yet implemented. Hence specs
> just end up with Para's on how the feature is supposed to work, but doesn't
> include any real world screen shots as the code is not yet ready at that
> point of time. Along with patch it would make more sense, since the author
> would have tested it so it isn't a big overhead to catch those cli screen
> shots and put it in a .txt or .md file so that patch reviewers can see the
> patch in action and hence can review more effectively
>
> thanx,
> deepak

Sure but in the original email you listed a number of other items, not just CLI screen shots, including:

Ideally I see 1, 2, and 4 as things that should be added to the spec (retrospectively if necessary) to ensure that it maintains an accurate record of the feature. I can see potential benefits to including listings of real world usage (3) in the client projects, but I don't think all of the items listed belong there.

-Steve