[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Edge-VPN and Edge-Id

Mohammad Hanif mhanif at brocade.com
Thu Nov 27 20:11:03 UTC 2014

Folks,

Recently, as part of the L2 gateway thread, there was some discussion on BGP/MPLS/Edge VPN and how to bridge any overlay networks to the neutron network.  Just to update everyone in the community, Ian and I have separately submitted specs which make an attempt to address the cloud edge connectivity.  Below are the links describing it:

Edge-Id: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136555/
Edge-VPN: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136929 .  This is a resubmit of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101043/ for the kilo release under the “Edge VPN” title.  “Inter-datacenter connectivity orchestration” was just too long and just too generic of a title to continue discussing about :-(

I had discussions with some of you (who are active on this mailing lis) on edge VPN connectivity during the Paris summit and also went over it during the Neutron lightning talks session.  Please take the time to see if you can review the above mentioned specs and provide your valuable comments.

For those of you in US, have a happy Thanksgiving holidays!

Thanks,
—Hanif.