[openstack-dev] suds-jurko, new in our global-requirements.txt: what is the point?!?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Nov 26 15:34:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I tried to package suds-jurko. I was first happy to see that there was
some progress to make things work with Python 3. Unfortunately, the
reality is that suds-jurko has many issues with Python 3. For example,
it has many:

except Exception, e:

as well as many:

raise Exception, 'Duplicate key %s found' % k

This is clearly not Python3 code. I tried quickly to fix some of these
issues, but as I fixed a few, others appear.

So I wonder, what is the point of using suds-jurko, which is half-baked,
and which will conflict with the suds package?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)