[openstack-dev] [nova] nova host-update gives error 'Virt driver does not implement host disabled status'

Vladik Romanovsky vladik.romanovsky at enovance.com
Wed Nov 26 15:07:19 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi Vinet,

There are two methods in the API for changing the service/host status.
nova host-update and nova service-update.

Currently, in order to disable the service one should use the "nova service-update" command,
which maps to "service_update" method in the manager class.

"nova host-update" maps to set_host_enabled() methodin the virt drivers, which is not implemented
in the libvirt driver.
Not sure what is the purpose of this method, but libvirt driver doesn't implement it.

For a short period of time, this method was implemented, for a wrong reason, which was causing the bug in the title,
however, it was fix with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/61016

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Vladik