[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Do we need an IntrospectionInterface?

Dmitry Tantsur divius.inside at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:20:23 UTC 2014

Hi all!

As our state machine and discovery discussion proceeds, I'd like to ask
your opinion on whether we need an IntrospectionInterface
(DiscoveryInterface?). Current proposal [1] suggests adding a method for
initiating a discovery to the ManagementInterface. IMO it's not 100%
correct, because:
1. It's not management. We're not changing anything.
2. I'm aware that some folks want to use discoverd-based discovery [2] even
for DRAC and ILO (e.g. for vendor-specific additions that can't be
implemented OOB).

Any ideas?

Dmitry.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100951/