[openstack-dev] [cinder] Anyone Using the Open Solaris ZFS Driver?

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 04:43:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/2014 10:14 AM, Drew Fisher wrote:
>>

>> On 11/17/14 10:27 PM, Duncan Thomas wrote:
>>> Is the new driver drop-in compatible with the old one? IF not, can
>>> existing systems be upgraded to the new driver via some manual steps, or
>>> is it basically a completely new driver with similar functionality?
>
> Possibly none of my business- but if the current driver is actually just
> flat broken, then upgrading from it to the new solaris ZFS driver seems
> unlikely to be possibly, simply because the from case is broken.

Most certainly is your business as much as anybody elses, and complete
valid point.

IMO upgrade is a complete non-issue, drivers that are no longer
maintained and obviously don't work should be marked as such in Kilo
and probably removed as well.  Removal question etc is up to PTL and
Core but my two cents is they're useless anyway for the most part.