[openstack-dev] [devstack] external plugin support for Devstack

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Mon Nov 24 15:17:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> We should also make this something which is gate friendly. I think the
> idea had been that if projects included a /devstack/ directory in them,
> when assembling devstack gate, that would be automatically dropped into
> devstack's extra.d directory before running.

+1 you are taking this way forward and it would look even better, even for
official projects managing their own devstack installation would be great!
(kinda like we are heading with functional tests)

Which would let projects keep their devstack support local, make it easy
> to gate their project on it, give those projects the ability to make
> local fixes if something in devstack broke them.
>
> I think that in general providing this kind of functionality is
> goodness. We should probably get the details hammered out though to
> support local running and automated testing coherently.

We don't seem to have any specs repo for  devstack where this could be
worked on ?

Chmouel