[openstack-dev] Integrating Barbican with KMIP

marcelod at andrew.cmu.edu marcelod at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 24 00:44:41 UTC 2014

Hello

I am new with openstack and I would like to use a KMIP server for key
storage and key retieval. I have lloking for different documentation but I
have had difficulties to change the default behavior of barbican.

Right now I am modifying the barbican-api.conf file.
I am replacing enabled_secretstore_plugins = store_crypto by
enabled_secretstore_plugins = kmip_secret_store.
I also modified the secret_store.py to change DEFAULT_PLUGINS =
['store_crypto'] to DEFAULT_PLUGINS = ['kmip_secret_store']

However it looks barbican is not calling the KMIPServer and is doing it
locally.
If I want to use the kmip_secret_store implementation, what could be
missing in my aproach?

Thanks in advance any help

Kind regards
Marcelo