[openstack-dev] [oslo] scheduling a review day

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Nov 21 19:13:01 UTC 2014

On Nov 21, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Flavio Percoco <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/14 12:07 -0500, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> We have a bit of a backlog in the Oslo review queue. Before we add a bunch of new reviews for Kilo work, I’d like to see if we can clear some of the existing reviews. One idea I had was setting aside a “review day”, where we spend a work day on reviews together, coordinating and doing fast turn-arounds via IRC.
>>
>> I know most of the team works on projects other than Oslo, including company-focused work, so I don’t think we want to try to go more than a day and that we would need time to coordinate other schedules to allow the time. How many people could/would participate in a review day like this on 4 December?
>>

> I'll probably be AFK on December 4th and 5th, can it be on December
> 3rd ?
>
> Either way, I'm in. I'll do my best to be there on the 4th if it can't
> be changed.

I was trying to avoid overlapping with the infra team sprint on the 3rd because I was going to try to contribute there.

We could try a 2 day sprint, but I thought it might be easier to convince managers to let people do a single day and I’d like as many people on at the same time as we can get. Let’s see what some of the other cores say, and if we need to move it we’ll move it earlier.

Doug