[openstack-dev] [nova] Proposal new hacking rules

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Nov 21 19:00:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:30:59AM -0800, Joe Gordon wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui <
> sahid.ferdjaoui at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 02:00:11PM -0800, Joe Gordon wrote:

> > > This all seems like nitpicking for very little value. I think there are
> > > better things we can be focusing on instead of thinking of new ways to
> > nit
> > > pick. So I am -1 on all of these.
> >
> > Yes as written this is low priority but something necessary for a
> > project like Nova it is.
> >

> Why do you think this is necessary?
>

> > Considered that I feel sad to take your time. Can I suggest you to
> > take no notice of this and let's others developers working on Nova too
> > do this job ?
> >

> As the maintainer of openstack-dev/hacking and as a nova core, I don't
> think this is worth doing at all. Nova already has enough on its plate and
> doesn't need extra code to review.

I tend to agree, also hacking rules are there to reduce the mental load of
reviewers so that they have less to worry about doing a review. Honestly, none
of these proposals seem like anything a reviewer should ever worry about in the
first place, let alone a reason to -1 a patch. (either automatically with a rule
or manually)