[openstack-dev] Where should Schema files live?

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 14:50:59 UTC 2014

> >> That would mean downstream consumers (potentially in different languages)
> >> would need to pull all repos and extract just the schema parts. A
> >> separate repo would make it more accessible.
>
> >OK, fair. Could we address that by publishing the schemas for an app in a
> >tar ball using a post merge job?
>
> That's something to consider. At first blush it feels a little clunky to pull
> all projects to extract schemas whenever any of the projects change.
>
> But there is something to be said about having the schema files next to the
> code that going to generate the data.

My initial read of Doug's proposal was for a tarball of the project's schemas
to be published somewhere out-of-tree, e.g. to tarballs.openstack.org, via a
post-merge git hook or some-such.

Not 100% sure that's a correct interpretation of the proposal, but it would
avoid the need for the consumer projects to pull the repos of the emitter
projects.

Cheers,
Eoghan