[openstack-dev] Introducing 'wrapt' to taskflow breaks Jenkins builds on stable branches

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Thu Nov 20 18:09:54 UTC 2014

Thanks for find this (annoying that this wasn't found automatically by
CI, but thats the situation we are in...).

It looks like the following review should help solve this:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136018/ (to add the requirement, there
is a good explanation in the comments of the review there as to why this
is happening).

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136058/ (to pin taskflow in juno, so
that 0.6 taskflow development, which should not break anything API or
functionally, but did appear to break things by adding a new requirement
will be placed; this seems to be along the line of placing upper bounds
on things in stable branches anyway).

I'll look into what else we can do beyond the above; it seems that maybe
devstack on stable branches needs to *not* use git master as its
location to install libraries (or at least certain libraries?); although
maybe this is more of a general question around placing upper bounds on
the requirements and how this works with devstack - which appears to not
be following that same 'upper-bound' rule by installing things from git
master?

Sorry about causing this, wasn't able to see this in CI until after it
happened (since this case wasn't found there, because afaik taskflow CI
is only testing N - 1 release integration, not N - 2).

-Josh