[openstack-dev] [oslo.db][nova] NovaObject.save() needs its own DB transaction

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 17:33:53 UTC 2014

On 19/11/14 18:25, Mike Bayer wrote:
>> Whether we wait for the oslo.db updates or not, we need something
>> like the above. We could implement this today by exposing
>> db.sqla.api.get_session().
>
> EngineFacade is hoped to be ready for Kilo and obviously Nova is very
> much hoped to be my first customer for integration.     It would be
> great if folks want to step up and help implement it, or at least
> take hold of a prototype I can build relatively quickly and
> integration test it and/or work on a real nova integration.

Take a look at this WIP: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136040/

It's obviously not using oslo.db, but I think it's sufficiently similar
to the proposal to be a fairly simple mechanical fixup. It's incomplete
and there are still test failures to look at in there, but I have a good
feeling about the approach.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth

Phone: +442070094448 (UK)
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490