[openstack-dev] [FUEL]Re-thinking Fuel Client

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 20 09:01:14 UTC 2014

Roman,

I am absolutely +1 for re-designing fuel client and bringing it out of
fuel-web repo.

If you ask me, it is also important to make new design following kind of
standard just to avoid re-re-designing it in the foreseeable future. Some
points here are:
0) Rename fuelclient into python-fuelclient like any other OpenStack
clients when moving it to a separate repo.
1) Use cliff as a cli library. AFAIU it is a kind of unofficial standard
for OpenStack clients for future. At least python-openstackclient uses
cliff. Correct me if I am wrong.
2) Follow common OpenStack practice for naming files and directories in a
project (shell.py, api, object, etc). I am not sure whether such a common
practice exists, but we again can follow python-openstackclient naming
model.
3) Use oslo for auth stuff (Fuel uses keystone at the moment) and wherever
it is suitable.

Vladimir Kozhukalov