[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Waiting for Haproxy backends

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:09:55 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 07:25 PM, Andrew Woodward wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Andrew Beekhof <abeekhof at redhat.com> wrote:
>> * Openstack services are not managed by Pacemaker
>>
>>   Oh?
>
> fuel doesn't (currently) set up API services in pacemaker

Nor should it, IMO. Other than the Neutron dhcp-agent, all OpenStack
services that run on a "controller node" are completely stateless.
Therefore, I don't see any reason to use corosync/pacemaker for
management of these resources. haproxy should just spread the HTTP
request load evenly across all API services and things should be fine,
allowing haproxy's http healthcheck monitoring to handle the simple
service status checks.

Best,
-jay