[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Power management in Cobbler

Matthew Mosesohn mmosesohn at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 19 15:46:57 UTC 2014

Tomasz, Vladimir, others,

The way I see it is we need a way to discover the corresponding IPMI
address for a given node for out-of-band power management. The
ultimate ipmitool command is going to be exactly the same whether it
comes from Cobbler or Ironic, and all we need to do is feed
information to the appropriate utility when it comes to power
management. If it's the same command, it doesn't matter who does it.
Ironic of course is a better option, but I'm not sure where we are
with discovering ipmi IP addresses or prompting admins to enter this
data for every node. Without this step, neither Cobbler nor Ironic is
capable of handling this task.

Best Regards,
Matthew Mosesohn