[openstack-dev] [tc][neutron] Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 03:10:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Mohammad Hanif <mhanif at brocade.com> wrote:
> I agree with Paul as advanced services go beyond just L4-L7.  Today, VPNaaS
> deals with L3 connectivity but belongs in advanced services.  Where does
> Edge-VPN work belong?  We need a broader definition for advanced services
> area.

So the following definition is being proposed to capture the broader
context and complement Neutron's current mission statement:

To implement services and associated libraries that provide
abstractions for advanced network functions beyond basic L2/L3
connectivity and forwarding.

What do people think?