[openstack-dev] [tc][neutron] Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Wed Nov 19 00:42:20 UTC 2014

On 18 November 2014 15:33, Mark McClain <mark at mcclain.xyz> wrote:

> > On Nov 18, 2014, at 5:45 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > There would not be a service or REST API associated with the Advanced
> Services code base? Would the REST API to talk to those services be part of
> the Neutron repository?
> >
> > Doug
>
> We had considered having a standalone REST service, but the Advance
> Services need a level of integration with Neutron that is more than REST
> and RPC can provide.

Actually, I don't agree with this.  I'm fairly sure that a combination of
REST and notifications *could* provide advanced services with the
information they require, so they could be a standalone, and optional,
service with its own API endpoint.  But the issue is that the interface
Neutron has today is clearly not sufficient for the needs of the advanced
services we have, and we would need to add APIs to facilitate that split
when we wanted to take this further.

--
Ian.