[openstack-dev] [tc][neutron] Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:36:32 UTC 2014

Mark, Kyle,

What is the strategy for tracking the progress and all the details about
this initiative? Blueprint spec, wiki page, or something else?

One thing I personally found useful about the spec approach adopted in [1],
was that we could quickly and effectively incorporate community feedback;
having said that I am not sure that the same approach makes sense here,
hence the question.

Also, what happens for experimental efforts that are neither L2-3 nor L4-7
(e.g. TaaS or NFV related ones?), but they may still benefit from this
decomposition (as it promotes better separation of responsibilities)? Where
would they live? I am not sure we made any particular progress of the
incubator project idea that was floated a while back.

Cheers,
Armando

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134680/