[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] ZeroMQ driver maintenance next steps

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Nov 18 06:43:42 UTC 2014

Le 2014-11-17 22:53, Doug Hellmann a écrit :

>>> That’s a good goal, but that’s not what I had in mind for in-tree
>>> functional tests.
>>>

>> An interesting idea that might be useful that taskflow implemented/has
>> done...
>>
>> The examples @
>> https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/tree/master/taskflow/examples
>> all get tested during unit test runs to ensure they work as expected.
>> This seems close to your 'simple app' (where app is replaced with
>> example), it might be nice to have a similar approach for
>> oslo.messaging that has 'examples' that are these apps that get ran to
>> probe the functionality of oslo.messaging (as well as useful for
>> documentation to show people how to use it, which is the other usage
>> taskflow has for these examples)
>>
>> The hacky example tester could likely be shared (or refactored, since
>> it probably needs it),
>> https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/blob/master/taskflow/tests/test_examples.py#L91
>
> Sure, that would be a good way to do it, too.

We already have some works done in that ways. Gordon Sim have wrote some
tests that use only the public API to test a driver:
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/blob/master/tests/functional/test_functional.py

You just have to set the TRANSPORT_URL environment variable to start
them.

I'm working to run them on a devstack vm for rabbit, qpid, amqp1.0
driver, the infra patch that add experimental jobs have just landed:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130370/

I have two other patches waiting to make it works:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130370/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130437/

So if zmq driver support in devstack is fixed, we can easily add a new
job to run them in the same way.

- ---
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net