[openstack-dev] [all] testtools 1.2.0 release breaks the world

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Nov 17 14:56:21 UTC 2014

On Nov 17, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

>>> We still support 2.6 on the python clients and oslo libraries - but
>>> indeed not for trove itself with master.
>>
>> What Andreas said, also testtools claims "testtools gives you the very
>> latest in unit testing technology in a way that will work with Python
>> 2.6, 2.7, 3.1 and 3.2." so it should be fixed, OpenStack or not.
>
> Well, the python 2.6 support was only added for OpenStack. And I think
> it's fine to drop that burden now that we don't need it (as long as we
> pin appropriately).

We do still need it for some projects, though. The master branches of the servers are off of 2.6, but the master branches of the Oslo libraries are still tested there to make backports easier (and possibly not require them at all of a new version of a lib fixes an issue without breaking anything else). Oslo will continue testing libraries on 2.6 as long as the stable branches that need it are still supported.

Doug