[openstack-dev] [Horizon] [Devstack]

Thiago Paiva thiagop at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Mon Nov 17 14:16:42 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I have bumped into an article from one of the memcached creators where
he discuss the use of memcached to store session data:

http://dormando.livejournal.com/495593.html

Maybe we need to take it into consideration. Maybe it'll bring more
problems than solutions for a future, scallable HA environment.

Best regards,

On 24-10-2014 17:10, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> SQLite doesn't introduce any additional dependencies, memcached requires installation of memcached (admittedly it's not hard on most distros, but it *is* yet another step) and in most cases the installation of another python module to interface with it.
>
> Memcached might be a good choice for devstack, but it may or may not be the right thing to recommend for Horizon by default.
>
>      - Gabriel

Thiago Paiva Brito
Software Engineer
Advanced OpenStack Brazil Team