[openstack-dev] Removing Nova V2 API xml support

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Nov 17 13:48:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 08:24:47AM -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sean, Joe, Dean, all,
>
> Here's the Nova change to disable the V2 XML support:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134332/
>
> To keep all the jobs happy, we'll need changes in tempest, devstack,
> devstack-gate as well:
>
> Tempest : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134924/
> Devstack : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134685/
> Devstack-gate : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134714/
>
> Please see if i am on the right track.

So this approach will work, but the direction that neutron took and that
keystone is in the process of undertaking for doing the same was basically the
opposite. Instead of just overriding the default tempest value on master
devstack to disable xml testing the devstack stable branches are update to
ensure xml_api is True when running tempest from the stable branches, and then
the default in tempest is switched to False. The advantage of this approach is
that the default value for tempest running against any cloud will always work.

The patches which landed for neutron doing this:

Devstack:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130368/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130367/

Tempest:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/127667/

Neutron:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/128095/

Ping me on IRC and we can work through the process, because things need to land
in a particular order to make this approach work. But, basically the approach
is first the stable devstack changes need to land which enable the testing on
stable, followed by a +2 on the failing Nova patch saying the approach is
approved, and then we can land the tempest patch which switches the default,
which will let the Nova change get through the gate.

-Matt Treinish