[openstack-dev] [Trove] Clustering API next steps

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 17 11:18:37 UTC 2014

Good day, Stackers/Trovers.

During Paris Design Summit Clustering session [1] we, as community, came up
with need of changing existing clustering API. By changing an API i mean
deprecating existing clustering action because of its close connection to
MongoDB datastore. There were no disagreement or concerns about deprecating
existing “add_shard” action in favor of something more generic.

But here comes question about an API compatibility. To ensure that we
wouldn’t break it we would need to add another action (that would
eventually substitute “add_shard” action) and maintain “add_shard” action
for N releases (IIRC one more release would be enough).

In terms of given suggestions during Clustering session i’ve made a spec
[2] that reflects all needed changes in Clustering framework.

I’d like to collect all suggestions/concerns about given spec and i’d like
to discuss it during next BP meeting [3].

[1] Session etherpad
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-summit-trove-clusters
[2] Spec proposal https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134583/
[3] BP review schedule