[openstack-dev] [Horizon] the future of angularjs development in Horizon

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Mon Nov 17 07:55:43 UTC 2014

On 15/11/14 03:21, Richard Jones wrote:
> On 15 November 2014 00:58, Radomir Dopieralski <openstack at sheep.art.pl> wrote:

[...]

>>     4. additions and upgrades of libraries moderated by the packagers,
>
> Is there already some mechanism for handling the creation and management
> of xstatic packages and how they interact with linux packagers? Sorry if
> this is a noob question.

Anybody can at any time create any Xstatic package and put it on PyPi.
To put it in StackForge, it has to be approved by the infra team, but
they usually don't make problems (also, you don't technically need to
keep the source code on StackForge). To put it in the global
requirements.txt file, it has to be approved by the people who review
that repository, and that includes the packagers. To put it in the
Horizon's requirements.txt, it has to be approved by the Horizon core
reviewers.

I imagine we can have a similar setup for JavaScript dependencies,
possibly a bower configuration file, that would be handled in a similar way.

[...]
--
Radomir Dopieralski