[openstack-dev] [Nova] v2 or v3 for new api

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:55:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Pasquale Porreca <
pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am working on an api for a new feature in nova, but I am wondering what
> is the correct way to add a new extension: should it be supported by v2, v3
> or both?

You need now to have at least a v2.1 (formerly known as v3) extension. V2
support if you want but I think once v2.1 is fully merged and tested (which
may not be that far away at all) we should freeze v2 and rely just on v2.1
for new features. Otherwise the interaction between v2.1 being exactly
equivalent to v2 plus having microversion support for v2.1 will get a bit
confusing.

As the other Chris mentioned, the first step however is to get a nova-spec
submitted which needs to fully describe the API additions that you want to
make.

Regards,

Chris

BR