[openstack-dev] [all] testtools 1.2.0 release breaks the world

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:29:52 UTC 2014

> We did find a further issue, which was due to the use of setUpClass in
> tempest (a thing that testtools has never supported per se - its
> always been a happy accident that it worked). I've hopefully fixed
> that in 1.3.0 and we're babysitting tempest now to see.

Trove stable/juno py26 (py27 works) unit tests are failing with testtools 1.3.0

http://logs.openstack.org/periodic-stable/periodic-trove-python26-juno/fcf4db2/testr_results.html.gz
 File "/home/jenkins/workspace/periodic-trove-python26-juno/trove/tests/unittests/mgmt/test_models.py",
line 60, in setUpClass
    super(MockMgmtInstanceTest, cls).setUpClass()
AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'setUpClass'

pip freeze diff since last good report is:
-testtools==1.1.0
+testtools==1.3.0
+unittest2==0.8.0

Any ideas?