[openstack-dev] [stable] New config options, no default change

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Sun Nov 16 19:17:47 UTC 2014

All,

This is a question I have been struggling with for Cinder recently.
Where do we draw the line on backports.  How do we handle config changes?

One thing for Cinder I am also considering, in addition to whether it
changes the default functionality, is whether it is specific to the
submitter's driver.  If it is only going to affect the driver I am more
likely to consider it than something that is going to impact all of Cinder.

What is the text that should be included in the commit messages to make
sure that it is picked up for release notes?  I want to make sure that
people use that.

Thanks!
Jay