[openstack-dev] [Ironic] A mascot for Ironic

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:14:13 UTC 2014

Hi Ironickers,

I was thinking this weekend: All the cool projects does have a mascot
so I thought that we could have one for Ironic too.

The idea about what the mascot would be was easy because the RAX guys
put "bear metal" their presentation[1] and that totally rocks! So I
drew a bear. It also needed an instrument, at first I thought about a
guitar, but drums is actually my favorite instrument so I drew a pair
of drumsticks instead.

The drawing thing wasn't that hard, the problem was to digitalize it.
So I scanned the thing and went to youtube to watch some tutorials
about gimp and inkspace to learn how to vectorize it. Magic, it
worked!

Attached in the email there's the original draw, the vectorized
version without colors and the final version of it (with colors).

Of course, I know some people does have better skills than I do, so I
also attached the inkspace file of the final version in case people
want to tweak it :)

So, what you guys think about making this little drummer bear the
mascot of the Ironic project?

Ahh he also needs a name. So please send some suggestions and we can
vote on the best name for him.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oi2T2pSGDU#t=90

Lucas