[openstack-dev] [all] testtools 1.2.0 release breaks the world

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Nov 15 19:51:34 UTC 2014

It probably needs to be backed out of stable/icehouse. The issue is
that we were installing unittest2 via distro packages *and* testtools
new dependency on unittest2 did not express a minimum version.

We're just about to issue 1.2.1 which will have such a minimum version.

And for the record, this was released on saturday, not friday :).

-Rob

On 16 November 2014 08:38, Dave Walker <email at daviey.com> wrote:
> On 15 November 2014 14:25, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>> Testtools 1.2.0 release apparently broke subunit.run discover --list
>> which breaks the way that tempest calls the test chain. No tempest runs
>> have passed since it's release.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134705/ is a requirements pin, though I
>> think because of grenade this is actually going to have to be laddered
>> up from icehouse => juno => master.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I2f8737b44c703c3094d6bbb6580993f86a571934,n,z
>>
>> It's probably half a day babysitting getting all the pins in place to
>> make the world work again. I'm offline from here on out for the weekend,
>> but I'll put a +2/+A on all of these so if someone wants to recheck them
>> in the right order to land them, they can get things fixed.
>>
>> Also... lets try not to release libraries on Fridays before disappearing
>> for the weekend... please. Pretty please.
>>
>>         -Sean
>>
>> --
>> Sean Dague
>> http://dague.net

> This change has landed in stable/icehouse but...
>
> stable/juno is currently blocked by oslo.messaging Master which
> introduces oslo.middleware, which is not part of stable/juno.  I have
> added pinning to stable/juno global-requirements via
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134727/
>
> This should unblock stable/juno, allowing this to progress.
>
> Please be reviewing :)
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
> Dave Walker