[openstack-dev] [all] A more dynamic wiki, introducing Categories

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Nov 14 17:57:13 UTC 2014

On 11/14/2014 02:50 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> In this precise example, I feel like the dynamic page is much less
> usable than the static page, due to the deep hierarchy.

Got it. The current taxonomy is trying to map precisely the hierarchy of
Program->Projects->Teams therefore it keeps the Nova project under Compute.

In fact, the page of Nova https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova is
somewhat mixing aspects of the Compute program with others more related
to the project Nova and the teams. One thing I wanted to do was to
reshuffle content, too, and split larger pages. But since we're going to
move the official list of Programs outside of the wiki (thankfully) we
may need to redesign the taxonomy and keep it leaner.

I'll put more complex changes like this one on hold until the governance
site is live.

/stef