[openstack-dev] [oslo] updated release instructions

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Nov 14 15:23:48 UTC 2014

Last cycle Thierry put together a tool to make releasing Oslo libraries easier for us. Using the tool will ensure that all of our releases are tracked consistently, but it’s going to mean a few procedural changes for us in launchpad, especially with the way we use milestones.

I’ve updated https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/ReleaseProcess with the basic instructions, and I think all of our existing libraries are configured with the relevant series and milestones. Please look over the instructions and let me know if you have questions. I would like to ensure that each library lead (or someone they designate) is able to handle library releases this cycle so I am not a bottleneck for us.

Doug