[openstack-dev] [Horizon] the future of angularjs development in Horizon

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:02:47 UTC 2014

I think that it boils down to whether it'is possible that distributions:

1. package the node-based tools (grunt, karma, protractor, ...) as
installable programs, and
2. xstatic-package the bower-based packages that we use (probably a couple
of dozen at least).

We might even be able to get away without using grunt, though an
alternative to its LiveReload facility (and one that doesn't then also
depend on another node program like django-livereload does) would be
required. I believe tox and django's runserver (and other manage commands)
could suffice to replace the other functionality typically provided by
grunt.

    Richard