[openstack-dev] [nova] Consistency, efficiency, and safety of NovaObject.save()

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Nov 12 17:45:56 UTC 2014

> I personally favour having consistent behaviour across the board. How
> about updating them all to auto-refresh by default for consistency,
> but adding an additional option to save() to disable it for particular
> calls?

I think these should be two patches: one to make them all auto-refresh,
and another to make it conditional. That serves the purpose of (a)
bisecting a regression to one or the other, and (b) we can bikeshed on
the interface and appropriateness of the don't-refresh flag :)

> I also suggest a tactical fix to any object which fetches itself twice
> on update (e.g. Aggregate).

I don't see that being anything other than an obvious win, unless there
is some obscure reason for it. But yeah, seems like a good thing to do.

--Dan