[openstack-dev] [Nova][DR][NFV] opnfv proposal on DR capability enhancement on OpenStack Nova

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 12:53:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Zhipeng Huang" <zhipengh512 at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Team,
>
> I knew we didn't propose this in the design summit and it is kinda rude in
> this way to jam a topic into the schedule. We were really stretched thin
> during the summit and didn't make it to the Nova discussion. Full apologies
> here :)
>
> What we want to discuss here is that we proposed a project in opnfv (
> https://wiki.opnfv.org/collaborative_development_projects/rescuer), which
> in fact is to enhance inter-DC DR capabilities in Nova. We hope we could
> achieve this in the K cycle, since there is no "HUGE" changes required to
> be done in Nova. We just propose to add certain DR status in Nova so
> operators could see what DR state the OpenStack is currently in, therefore
> when disaster occurs they won't cut off the wrong stuff.
>
> Sorry again if we kinda barge in here, and we sincerely hope the Nova
> community could take a look at our proposal. Feel free to contact me if
> anyone got any questions :)
>
> --
> Zhipeng Huang

Hi Zhipeng,

I would just like to echo the comments from the opnfv-tech-discuss list (which I notice is still private?) in saying that there is very little detail on the wiki page describing what you actually intend to do. Given this, it's very hard to provide any meaningful feedback. A lot more detail is required, particularly if you intend to propose a specification based on this idea.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://wiki.opnfv.org/collaborative_development_projects/rescuer