[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron mid-cycle announcement

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Nov 12 09:18:07 UTC 2014

On 11/12/2014 08:04 AM, marios wrote:
> On 12/11/14 04:17, Clint Byrum wrote:
>> Just as a counter-point: The entire reason that a mid-cycle is an
>> important thing to do is to achieve higher bandwidth communication between
>> contributors. We can do Hangouts all the time and that's certainly a
>> useful thing. But making the people in the room who have high bandwidth
>> slow down for those who are at the other end of low-bandwidth may not be
>> a productive thing as a whole.
>>
>> Anyway, just a thought as somebody who has tried this before.
>
> I understand but I am definitely not saying the room should slow down
> for someone on hangout - heck I'd be ecstatic if microphones are even
> used). In my experience this can work best if it is understood that
> remotees have a read-only feed into the room audio (best case + video of
> slides) - it makes the world of difference compared to say just staring
> at the etherpad being updated.  I don't see this as having a high cost
> to setup (just point a laptop at the speaker, end),
>
> If you are a remotee and need read/write into the meeeting then you
> should prepare beforehand and have stuff written down to share. It is
> only common courtesy, and I absolutely agree it would be in the very
> least inconsiderate to expect the room to stop/slow down to allow any
> kind of conversation to happen over hangout. In fact, just click the
> on-air button and that way you get a youtube link to share, which
> obviously *is* read-only (r/w participation is limited @ 10 afaik),
>
> my 2c, thanks, marios
You seem to have put quite a bit of thought into this marios, why can't
you attend? If the reason is purely financial, please approach Kyle in
private and I will contact him as well to see if we can access some
finances for folks committed to working on the technical debt for
neutron that need financial assistance.

Having you there is far more productive than not.

Thank you,
Anita.