[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Backup of information about nodes.

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Sat Nov 8 17:08:20 UTC 2014

Adam - sorry, looks like your question was missed.
It seems to be not directly related to the original email topic, but anyway
- currently Fuel doesn't deploy standalone Swift nodes.
Swift is used only on controllers. So you are correct, you can add more
Swift capacity by adding more controllers. We have been considering
considering making separate swift role, though it never happened to get
resources for it.

Thanks,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:

> Okay and one other question which I must have missed; is it possible to
> expand Swift capacity through Fuel? I notice Swift is installed on the
> Controllers but if we need to expand Swift capacity, does that necessarily
> mean Fuel requires the addition of more Controllers?
>

> *Adam Lawson*
>
> AQORN, Inc.
> 427 North Tatnall Street
> Ste. 58461
> Wilmington, Delaware 19801-2230
> Toll-free: (844) 4-AQORN-NOW ext. 101
> International: +1 302-387-4660
> Direct: +1 916-246-2072
>

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:59 AM, Tomasz Napierala <tnapierala at mirantis.com
> > wrote:
>

>> On 22 Oct 2014, at 21:03, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:
>>
>> > What is current best practice to restore a failed Fuel node?
>>
>> It’s documented here:
>>
>> http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.1/operations.html#restoring-fuel-master
>>
>> Regards,
>> --