[openstack-dev] [Nova][Schedule] how to schedule vms(like database VM, vs web server VM) to different resource pool(either LVM or GlusterFs)?

zhang xiaobin 14050403 at cnsuning.com
Mon Nov 3 07:58:34 UTC 2014

Greeting,

I have some hosts in one availability zone, some hosts are solely based on LVM, which means their root images will be sitting on LVM;
while other hosts are setup with GlusterFS, which means their root image will be allocated on Gluster.

My question is: what's the best way to let VM be scheduled to the right resource pool(either LVM-based, or GlusterFs-based?)
how to configure and which kind of schedule filter to be used? can we use image metadata function to achieve this?

Many thanks!
本邮件(包括其附件)可能含有保密、专有或保留著作权的信息。如果您并非本邮件指定接受人,请即刻通知发送人并将本邮件从您的系统中删除,您不得散布、保留、复制、披露或以其他方式使用本邮件任何相关信息,并且通过邮件告知我们此次错误投递。发送人在本邮件下表达的观点并不一定代表苏宁云商集团股份有限公司的观点。苏宁云商集团股份有限公司并不保证本邮件是安全或不受任何计算机病毒影响的,并且对由于邮件传输而导致的邮件内容错误或缺失不承担任何责任。除非明确说明,本邮件并不构成具有约束力的契约。

This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this, please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail, and you should delete it from your system and may not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or any information herein. Any opinions expressed by sender hereof do not necessarily represent those of SUNING COMMERCE GROUP CO., LTD.,SUNING COMMERCE GROUP CO., LTD.,does not guarantee that this email is secure or free from viruses. No liability is accepted for any errors or omissions in the contents of this email, which arise as a result of email transmission. Unless expressly stated,this email is not intended to form a binding contract.