[openstack-dev] [Heat] DB schema changes for Convergence [was: Short term scaling strategies for large Heat stacks]

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sat May 31 06:28:16 UTC 2014

Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote on 05/29/2014 09:09:18 PM:

> > > update-failure-recovery
> > > =======================
> > >
> > > This is a blueprint I believe Zane is working on to land in Juno.
>
> It's not just the observed state that you need in the database to
resume.

> You also need the parameters and template snippet that has been
> successfully applied.

Ah, right.  I revised the spec to add a table to hold the observed
parameters as individual records;
we do not want to compose a whole "observed raw template" for each
observed state update.
And you're right, the observed state needs more from the snippet; haven't
decided yet
what I think about schema for the rest.

Regards,
Mike