[openstack-dev] [Nova]Passing flat_injected flag through instance metadata

ebaysf, yvempati yvempati at ebaysf.com
Fri May 30 22:29:56 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I am new to the openstack community and I am looking for feedback.

We would like to implement a feature that allows user to pass flat_injected flag through instance metadata. We would like to enable this feature for images that support config drive. This feature helps us to decrease the dependency on dhcp server and  to maintain a uniform configuration across all the hypervisors running in our cloud. In order to enable this feature should I create a blue print and later implement or can this feature be implemented by filing a bug.

Regards,
Yashwanth Vempati