[openstack-dev] [oslo][db] oslo.db repository review request

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri May 30 21:04:23 UTC 2014

No matter what version number we use, we will have to be careful about
API changes. We cannot have 2 versions of the same library installed
at the same time, so in order for devstack to work (and therefore the
gate), we will have to make all changes backwards-compatible and
support older APIs until our projects have migrated to the new APIs.

This is *exactly* why we have the Oslo incubator. It gives us a place
to work out stable APIs in a way that does not restrict when and how
updates can be made. since the syncs can be handled by projects at
their own pace.

Doug