[openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] Current state of the spawn refactor

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 30 14:29:19 UTC 2014

On 5/27/2014 4:43 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> * Phase 1 has one review left - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/92691/
> * I'll update the phase 2 patch shortly -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87002/
> * Once the 2 reviews above get approved, we will resurrect the
> oslo.vmware BP/review - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/70175/
>
> There is a team etherpad that has a game plan we try to keep
> up-to-date - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/vmware-subteam-juno.
> Based on discussions during the summit, We are hoping to get the 3
> items above into juno-1. So we can work on the features mentioned in
> the etherpad.
>
> Tracy,GaryK,Others, please chime in.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've been looking at the current state of the vmware driver spawn
>> refactor work, and as best as I can tell phase one is now complete.
>> However, I can only find one phase two patch, and it is based on an
>> outdated commit. That patch is:
>>
>>      https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87002/
>>
>> There also aren't any phase three patches that I can see. What is the
>> current state of this work? Is it still targeting juno-1?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michael
>>
>> --
>> Rackspace Australia

I reviewed the test_spawn change [1] yesterday and have some issues I'd
like to discuss first around how we refactor out or test
copy_virtual_disk/create_virtual_disk in isolation before moving forward
with phase 2 (or plan that as part of phase 2, which would move out
phase 3 a bit).

There is also this change [2] which I'm not sure if it's part of phase 1
but it is associated with the refactor blueprint.  If so, it'd be nice
if the commit message had the phase-1 mention in it like how the other
patches are targeting different phases.

Otherwise the latest update is that John moved the blueprint to juno-2
given what's left to get done in the next two weeks.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/92691/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84713/

Matt Riedemann