[openstack-dev] [Neutron][L3] BGP Dynamic Routing Proposal

Jaume Devesa devvesa at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:54:15 UTC 2014

Hello Takashi,

thanks for doing this! As we have proposed ExaBgp[1] in the Dynamic Routing
blueprint[2], I've added a new column for this speaker in the wiki page. I
plan to fill it soon.

ExaBgp was our first choice because we thought that run something in
library mode would be much more easy to deal with (especially the
exceptions and corner cases) and the code would be much cleaner. But seems
that Ryu BGP also can fit in this requirement. And having the help from a
Ryu developer like you turns it into a promising candidate!

I'll start working now in a proof of concept to run the agent with these
implementations and see if we need more requirements to compare between the
speakers.

[1]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/BGPSpeakersComparison
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90833/

Regards,

On 29 May 2014 18:42, YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamamoto at valinux.co.jp> wrote:

> as per discussions on l3 subteem meeting today, i started
> a bgp speakers comparison wiki page for this bp.
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/BGPSpeakersComparison
>
> Artem, can you add other requirements as columns?
>
> as one of ryu developers, i'm naturally biased to ryu bgp.
> i appreciate if someone provides more info for other bgp speakers.
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi
>
> > Good afternoon Neutron developers!
> >
> > There has been a discussion about dynamic routing in Neutron for the
> past few weeks in the L3 subteam weekly meetings. I've submitted a review
> request of the blueprint documenting the proposal of this feature:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90833/. If you have any feedback or
> suggestions for improvement, I would love to hear your comments and include
> your thoughts in the document.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Artem Dmytrenko