[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Bad perf on swift servers...

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Fri May 30 02:19:10 UTC 2014

Hi ,

1. Correct ! Once you adding new devices and rebalance rings, portion of
partitions will be reassigned to new devices. If those partitions were used
by some objects, object-replicator is going to move data to new devices.
You should see logs of object-replicator to transfer objects from one
device to another by invoking rsync.

2. Regarding to busy swift-account-server, that's pretty abnormal tho. Is
there any log indicating account-server doing any jobs?   A possibility is
the ring which includes wrong port number of other workers to
account-server. Perhaps you can paste all your rings layout to
http://paste.openstack.org/ . To use strace on account-server process may
help to track the exercise.

3. In kind of deployment that outward-facing interface shares same network
resource with cluster-facing interface, it definitely causes some race on
network utilization. Hence the frontend traffic is under impact by
replication traffic now.

4. To have a detail network topology diagram will help.

Hugo Kuo