[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] dealing with M:N relashionships for Pools and Listeners

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Thu May 29 19:32:16 UTC 2014

Before solving everything, I would like first to itemize the things we should solve/consider.
So pleas focus first on what is it that we need to pay attention for and less on how to solve such issues.

Follows the list of items:

·         Provisioning status/state

o   Should it only be on the loadblancer?

o   Do we need a more granular status per logical child object?

o   Update process

§  What happens when a logical child object is modified?

§  Where can a user check the success of the update?

·         Operation status/state - this refers to information returning from the load balancing back end / driver

o   How is member status that failed health monitor reflected, on which LBaaS object and how can a user understand the failure?

·         Administrator state management

o   How is a change in admin_state on member, pool, listener get managed

o   Do we expect a change in the operation state to reflect this?

·         Statistics consumption

o   From which object will the user "poll" to get statistics for the different sub objects in the model (ex: load balancer)?

o   How can statistics from a shared logical object be obtained in context of the load balancer (ex: pool statistics for a specific listener in a specific load balancer)?

·         Deletion of shared objects

o   Do we support deletion of shared objects that will cascade delete?

Regards,
                -Sam.