[openstack-dev] [sahara] summit wrap-up: backward compat

Alexander Ignatov aignatov at mirantis.com
Thu May 29 11:59:19 UTC 2014

On 28 May 2014, at 17:14, Sergey Lukjanov <slukjanov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> 1. How should we handle addition of new functionality to the API,
> should we bump minor version and just add new endpoints?

Agree with most of folks. No new versions on adding new endpoints.
Semantic changes require new major version of rest api.

> 2. For which period of time should we keep deprecated API and client for it?

One release cycle for deprecation period.

> 3. How to publish all images and/or keep stability of building images
> for plugins?

We should keep all images for all plugins (non-deprecated as Matt mentioned)
for each release. In addition we could keep  at least one image which could be
downloaded and used with master branch of Sahara. Plugin vendors could keep
its own set of images and we can reflect it in the docs.

Regards,
Alexander Ignatov