[openstack-dev] [UX] [Ironic] [Ceilometer] [Horizon] [TripleO] Nodes Management UI - designs

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu May 29 10:36:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Jaromir Coufal <jcoufal at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There is a lot of tags in the subject of this e-mail but believe me that all
> listed projects (and even more) are relevant for the designs which I am
> sending out.
>
> Nodes management section in Horizon is being expected for a while and
> finally I am sharing the results of designing around it.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/horizon/nodes/2014-05-28_nodes-ui.pdf
>
> These views are based on modular approach and combination of multiple
> services together; for example:
> * Ironic - HW details and management

Just giving a heads up about a work going on in Ironic which affects
the way we enroll nodes[1].

tl;dr We want Ironic to support different provisioning methods using
the same flavor, e.g the deploy kernel and deploy ramdisk used by the
ironic-python-agent[2] is different than the one used by the default
PXE driver, so we are moving the deploy K&R from the Flavor's
extra_specs and adding it to the Node's driver_info attribute (used
for storing driver-level information), this will require clients to
pass the deploy K&R to the node when enrolling it.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95701/1/specs/juno/add-node-instance-info.rst
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic-python-agent