[openstack-dev] Designate Incubation Request

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed May 28 19:48:49 UTC 2014

On 28/05/14 14:52, Sean Dague wrote:
> I would agree this doesn't make sense in Neutron.
>
> I do wonder if it makes sense in the Network program. I'm getting
> suspicious of the programs for projects model if every new project
> incubating in seems to need a new program. Which isn't really a
> reflection on designate, but possibly on our program structure.

I agree, the whole program/project thing is confusing (as we've
discovered this week, programs actually have code names which are...
identical to the name of a project in the program) and IMHO unnecessary.
Programs share a common core team, so it is inevitable that most
incubated projects (including, I would think, Designate) will make sense
in a separate program. (TripleO incorporating Tuskar is the only
counterexample I can think of.)

Let's just get rid of the 'project' terminology. Let programs organise
whatever repos they have in whatever way they see fit, with the proviso
that they consult with the TC on any change in scope.

cheers,
Zane.